- 4 Insider Tricks From RuPaul’s Drag Race 2024 Queens for Maximizing Your Travel-Size Makeup
- Travel Size Makeup Tip #1: Try Saving Time While Still Letting Yourself Enjoy Applying Makeup
- Travel Size Makeup Tip #2: Always Start With Your Eyes
- Travel Size Makeup Tip #3: Using an Eye Primer Is a Game-Changer
- Travel Size Makeup Tip #4: Enjoy a Cold Water Soak to Reduce Inflammation and Redness
- Grab Your Subtl Beauty Travel Size Makeup (AKA the Starter Stak) to Try These Tricks Today
4 Insider Tricks From RuPaul’s Drag Race Queens for Maximizing Your Travel Size Makeup
RuPaul’s Drag Race is a one-of-a-kind show, which is what makes it so ground-breaking and fun to watch. Witnessing the Queens explore innovative ways to use makeup, complete with unique tips and out-of-this-world tricks, is an experience that never gets old. While these methods may initially seem exclusive to the craft of Drag, RuPaul’s 2024 Queens affirm that anyone – even those using Subtl’s travel size makeup – can incorporate them into their routine.
To keep from lip-syncing for your life (unless that’s you’re style), check out these four insider tips from RuPaul’s upcoming Queens to try with your Subtl Beauty travel size makeup:
Travel Size Makeup Tip #1: Try Saving Time While Still Letting Yourself Enjoy Applying Makeup
If you’re a busy mom or a traveler always on the go, you can probably relate to one of RuPaul’s new Queens: Dawn. She says, “I give myself as much time as possible because I don't care about luxuriating. I just want to avoid panic. I have awful time management skills. But once I'm able to settle in and get into the process, it's like painting a canvas. It's very relaxing.”
For beauty enthusiasts like Dawn, who want to save precious time but still look ultra-flawless, Subtl Beauty’s travel size makeup is completely stakable. This means you won’t have to sort through your cluttered makeup bag or carry-on anymore to find what you’re looking for. Plus, each high-quality layer is 100% refillable to save you money and benefit the environment.
Travel Size Makeup Tip #2: Always Start With Your Eyes
Geneva Karr, another 2024 RuPaul’s Drag Race Queen, holds a soft spot in her heart for traditional makeup tips. For example, she says, “I start with my eyes because that's what takes me a little longer. I’ll do a cut crease, which is the pageant-style in Texas, but if I want to be wild, I do a little glitter, a smoky eye, a halo, or whatnot. The rest of the face is muscle memory.”
Many people swear by starting their routine with eye makeup before moving on to complexion products, which makes sense due to pesky fallout (or in Geneva’s case – time). With Subtl Beauty’s Eyeshadow Duos, you don’t have to worry about fallout, losing time, or it fading throughout the day, as our travel size makeup is stakable, long-lasting, and crease-proof.
@subtlbeauty This stackable eyeshadow trio is the PERFECT gift for anyone on your list! #subtlstak #stackablemakeup #makeupstack #subtlbeauty ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Travel Size Makeup Tip #3: Using an Eye Primer Is a Game-Changer
If you haven’t jumped onto the eye primer bandwagon yet, what are you waiting for? 2024 RuPaul’s Drag Race Queen, Morphine Love Dion, says: “I think the most important element for me is the skin and the eyes. An eye shadow tip I recommend is to use a sickening eye primer.”
At Subtl Beauty, our travel size makeup Staks don’t include an eye shadow primer (yet; who knows what could happen?), but we do have some recommendations for ones that’ll give you a smooth, even base for our sickening – in the words of Morphine – Eyeshadow Duos:
- Wet n Wild Megalast Eyeshadow Primer
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Eye Primer (Morphine’s Pick)
@subtlbeauty 📣 Calling all hoes on the go 💃🏻 (or really anyone on the go) - this one’s for you! #hoeonthego #subtlbeauty #subtlstack #stackablemakeup #easymakeuproutine ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Travel Size Makeup Tip #4: Enjoy a Cold Water Soak to Reduce Inflammation and Redness
Plasma, a 2024 RuPaul Queen heavily influenced by the past, says: “I’m inspired by Joan Crawford, so I soak my face in cold water to reduce inflammation because I have sensitive, oily skin, and I want to get rid of all of the bumps and the redness before I start painting my face.”
If you’re never heard of Plasma’s cold water technique, then let’s explore the benefits:
- Reduced Puffiness: Cold water can help constrict blood vessels and minimize inflammation, which makes it the bees knees for reducing puffiness.
- Enhanced Circulation: Since it stimulates blood circulation, cold water can give your skin a refreshed and awakened appearance, which is especially nice after a long flight.
- Improved Makeup Adherence: Did you know doing a quick cold water face bath can close and tighten your pores to help your makeup stay put longer?
- Reduced Redness: Trying Plasma’s daily face dunk can help soothe and calm redness or irritation, providing a more even skin tone for your travel size makeup application.
For the Subtl Beauties out there that don’t want to soak their face in a bowl of water each morning, here are some other methods of cold water therapy that are just as beneficial:
- Cold Rollers and Globes
- Icy Face Masks
- DIY Roller, which is great for adding extra herbs for your skin’s health or aesthetic flower petals
You can also find makeup products, like the our Cream Concealer, that reduces puffiness (more on this below):
@subtlbeauty Replying to @Dezeray Lewis we spent a LONG time working on this new formulation, using over 4 years of customer feedback to develop the perfect concealer! “Love this concealer! Great color match and texture, it didn't crease or anything all day!!! Love it for under my eyes!” -jennifer #thebestconcealer #creasefreeconcealer #cleanconcealer ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Grab Your Subtl Beauty Travel Size Makeup (AKA the Starter Stak) to Try These Tricks Today
Want to embrace your inner Queen with Subtl’s innovative travel size makeup? We don’t blame you; going through TSA (or trying to quickly touch-up your makeup for the judges) with a cluttered carry-on/beauty bag isn’t fun. That’s where Subtl Beauty comes in; we create products, like our Starter Stak, for badass people on the go who enjoy convenient, streamlined beauty.
@subtlbeauty Replying to @junie_bodhi The starter stak is PERFECT if you don’t know where to start! #subtlstackreview #subtlstak #stackablemakeup #subtlstack ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Check out what these Subtl Beauties had to say about our travel size makeup Starter Stak:
Here are the travel size makeup necessities that our Starter Stak includes:
- Cream Concealer: Transformative, versatile, and long-lasting, our Cream Concealer is a lightweight formula that’ll give you great coverage without caking (a huge Drag Queen no-no). Plus, it’s infused with Coffee Seed Oil to reduce puffiness. You can choose from nineteen shades and if it’s not a perfect match for your skin tone, we’ll replace it for free.
- Lip and Cheek (in Terracotta Tour Guide): Our Lip and Cheek is a creamy 2-in-1 product that’s sure to have you runway-ready in no time. It comes in five stunning shades tailored to compliment your skin tone and whatever aesthetic you’re embracing that day. With only a few finger taps, you’ll be able to add a dash of color to your look, anywhere.
- Bronzer (based on the Concealer you choose): With our Bronzer having an ultra-high concentration of pigment, a little will go a long way. It’s seamless to blend for a RuPaul-approved flawless finish, and it’ll give you a long-lasting radiance that’ll make heads turn. The Subtl Bronzer comes in five shades to enhance your natural features.
- Pressed-Powder Highlighter (in Champagne): No tea, no shade – but our Highlighter is not only easy to use and beginner-friendly, but a necessity to get that luminous Drag glow. It’s versatile, amazing for highlighting and adding a shimmer to your eyeshadow look, and can be built up for a glassy sheen, making it perfect for everyone’s style.
- Shine Control Pressed Powder: Our Shine Control Powder is a game-changer, especially if you’re traveling or lip syncing for your life as it keeps oil at bay. Unlike a lot of other translucent powders out there, ours is lightweight, cake-free, sets your makeup in place, and will last nearly as long as a full season marathon of RuPaul’s Drag Race.
Want to join over 500+ happy Subtl Beauties by grabbing a Starter Stak? Click here to choose your concealer shade, so we know how to perfectly curate it. And before you shashay away – make sure to let us know which beauty tip you’ll be trying first with your travel size makeup.
@subtlbeauty Our Story #storytime #storytimemakeup #simplemakeup #convenientmakeup #quickmakeuptutorial #getreadywithme #grwm #5minmakeup #MakeupRoutine #momtok #easymakeup #easymakeuproutine #creammakeuphack #convenient #womanownedbusiness #womanownedbusinesscheck ♬ GASLIGHT - INJI