Social distancing can be tough. For those of you who are constantly on the go (or like staying busy), finding ways to pass the time at home may seem… scarce. But have no fear, we have 4 amazing tips and tricks to turn social distancing into the ultimate self-care practice.
1. Enhance your skin routine with a DIY Mask
Makeup may not be the number one thing on your mind while stuck indoors, but one thing you can do is keep your skin routine in check. This DIY face mask will have your face glowing and feeling well-nourished without that oily, over-moisturized feeling. Simply:
- Mash ½ an avocado into a bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey
- Sprinkle with a handful of oats
- You can even add in some milk for added exfoliation!
2. Hone in on your organizational skills
We’ve got the perfect tricks for keeping your beauty products organized!
- Stack your makeup, honey! We offer stackable makeup so it’s easy to access, transportable, and oh-so-easy to organize. We love that you love makeup, so we offer extra stack lids to keep your collection growing while looking nice and tidy.
- Have too many makeup brushes? Sometimes, less is more. Our dual-purpose Stack Brush adjusts so you can go from all-over application to more contoured, precision-based techniques with just one, simple brush. Don’t believe us? Check out the tutorial here!
3. Learn how to clean your beauty products
- When you opt-out of cleaning your products, you run the risk of applying oils, powder from previous applications, or bacteria to your skin. If you’re not sure how to clean your makeup brushes properly, we’ve got you covered with our how-to video tutorial.
- We know it’s hard to get rid of products you love, but if you come across beauty products that look or smell old even after a fresh cleaning (trust us, you’ll know), it’s time to invest in new applicators & brushes to keep your collection (and face) fresh! You want the best for your skin, and we do too.
4. Catch up on those ZZZ’s
We know Netflix is calling your name, but sticking to a structured sleep schedule isn’t just great for your energy levels, it’s great for your skin, too!
Trouble falling asleep? Lavender is a great calming herb with a sedentary effect to help improve your sleep. Pour some into a bubble bath before bed, or use lavender oil on the bottoms of your feet before you hit the hay!
Trouble staying asleep? A lot of times, staying asleep is difficult when you’ve got something stressful on the brain, and it’sespecially difficult to fall back asleep once you’ve looked at the clock. Keep your phone out of sight, so you aren’t tempted to look at the time (you’ve set an alarm, right? No need to glance at it!), check emails, or social media- it can wait until morning!
Trouble waking up? Us too. Sleeping in total darkness may seem ideal, but it actually makes it tougher to wake up in the morning. Try opening your blinds before going to bed to get some natural sunlight into your room when you wake up- it’s an easy mood booster and a sure way to rise and shine!