Since Halloween is up in the air this year, you probably won't be going all out, but you still want to safely celebrate. Whether you have kiddos cooped up at home or a low key get-together with some friends and family, we’ve got your guide to 3 easy low-effort Halloween costumes and makeup ideas to keep the fun in the holiday while looking absolutely BOOtiful.
Spread some love as a hippie/flower child
If you own funky jeans or some tie-dye, this look is already put together. Put on a headband (or use a piece of fabric to wrap around your head like a bandana), pull out some trendy sunglasses, rock that middle part and you’ll look groovy as ever! Achieving the makeup portion is just as simple, featuring some light pink tones around the lips, cheeks, and eyes.
What you’ll need:
- Apply Perfectly Pink to your lips for a subtle pop of pink
- Apply the same product to the balls of your cheeks, using your fingertip and rubbing in gently until fully blended
- Using a brush, apply the Rosé highlighter to your tops of your cheekbones, brushing in an upward motion to give off a natural, glittery look and definition to your face
- Using an eyeshadow brush or your finger, dab your eyelids with the same product to achieve that pink, love-inspired vibe
Our Pro Tip: If you’re new to highlighting or want some new tips, we recommend checking out our highlighter tutorial to achieve the perfect highlight for this look!
Get dolled up like a pin-up girl
If you own anything red or blue, this look is just for you! Toss a bandana up in your hair, pop on some heels, put on your favorite high-waisted jeans (let’s be honest, they’re our fave), and your look is fifties-fabulous! Achieving the makeup portion is just as easy, featuring a clean, porcelain-esque face and of course—a classic pop of red on the lips and cheeks!
What you’ll need:What you’ll do:
- Apply your go-to concealer shade with a brush or sponge for full-face coverage
- Blend or buff with a brush to ensure a smooth, natural look
- Pucker up and apply Riveting Red to your lips for the true pin-up staple
- Using your fingertip, apply a small amount of the same product to the balls of your cheeks to achieve a natural rosy look
Our Pro Tip: If you’re new to a red lip or creating a more classic makeup look, we recommend checking out our tutorial on how to achieve classic soft glam with a red lip using Riveting Red!
Cast a spell-bound look with some witchy vibes
From a classic witch look to the queen witch Stevie Nicks herself, this look is easy to achieve and the perfect choice if you want to go for an edgier or more spooky vibe. If you have a black dress hanging in your closet, you’re already halfway there! The main focus of this look will be the cheekbones, lips, and eyes, all doable with just two Subtl Beauty products from your stack!
What you’ll need:
- Using a contouring brush, suck your cheeks in and follow the line along your cheekbone up to your ear, applying a generous amount of bronzer to bring sharp definition to your cheekbones
- Using an eyeshadow brush, apply the same product to your eyelids and under eye area to create a smokey eye look.
- Using your finger, apply a few applications of the Plump Lip Cheek to your lips to create a darker shade of purple
- Using your finger, apply the same product towards the top of your cheek, above the bronzer. This will give your cheeks a pop of color while maintaining the perfect contoured look every witch rocks!
Want to learn more ways you can use your Subtl Beauty products with your Halloween look? Check out Nydia’s video to show you more ways to wear your Lip and Cheek Tint you probably didn’t expect!