- Beauty Tips Inspired by Mean Girls for Your Travel Makeup
- Karen Likes Routines (“On Wednesdays We Wear Pink”), so Pre-Plan Your Looks Using Travel Makeup
- Aaron Samuels and Regina Agree It’s Hard to Kiss in Lip Gloss, so Add Lip Balm to Your Travel Makeup ASAP
- Regularly Check Your Skincare and Travel Makeup to Ensure It’s Not Been Replaced With Foot Cream
- Embrace Your Inner Mean Girls’ Plastic With Subtl Beauty’s Travel Makeup Starter Stak
Beauty Tips Inspired by Mean Girls for Your Travel Makeup
Between Cady – not catty, it’s Katie – filling Regina’s skincare with foot cream to Gretchen spazzing out over Brutus’ likeness to her BFF in front of the class, Mean Girls is full of iconic quotes, actors, scenes, and clothes. But have you ever noticed while rewatching and taking notes on the Plastics’ fashionable 2000s outfits that the movie has some great beauty lessons and tips, too (though unconventional and not as obvious as a boombox kicked into your face)?
@subtlbeauty Replying to @leeeexxxxxxxxxx We made some upgrades that I think you’ll love! #subtlbeauty #subtlbeautystack #makeupstack #stackablemakeup #subtlstack #subtlstak #subtlstaks #subtl ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Karen Likes Routines (“On Wednesdays We Wear Pink”), so Pre-Plan Your Looks Using Travel Makeup
Pictured: Mean Girls Cast Wearing Pink | Source: X
Karen – everyone’s favorite happy-go-lucky blonde – says an iconic line in the Mean Girls movie that everyone and their mother quote to this day: “On Wednesdays, we wear pink!” We’re sure you’ve heard it a time or two (or you will in theaters when you go see the new 2024 Mean Girls version). But while a classic movie line, there’s also a fantastic, time-saving beauty tip within it:
At Subtl Beauty, we’ve always believed that pre-planning your makeup looks makes life (and traveling) a whole lot easier. Knowing exactly what you want to achieve allows you to streamline the application process, helping you get ready faster, which is always a win in our book. Pre-planning also gives you time to coordinate your makeup with your outfit – very à la Karen.
SUBTL BEAUTY PROTIP: Do you have a Subtl Beauty Travel Makeup Stak yet? If so – you’re probably aware of how easy it makes pre-planning your looks. For those who haven’t given in to the Stak’s temptation yet, check out this quiz to see what products and shades would best fit your skin tone. Next, try to see what makeup looks you can pre-plan with them; it’s that easy!
@subtlbeauty Replacing my expensive makeup routine with a subtl stack 💄 #subtlstack #subtlbeauty #minimalmakeup #makeupstack #travelmakeup ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Aaron Samuels and Regina Agree It’s Hard to Kiss in Lip Gloss, so Add Lip Balm to Your Travel Makeup ASAP
Pictured: Gretchen, Regina, Cady, and Karen Performing “Jingle Bell Rock” in Mean Girls | Source: The Sun
Do you remember the whole “Jingle Bell Rock” fiasco in Mean Girls? Not only does Gretchen kick a boombox into a guy’s face, causing the music to go out during the Plastics’ dance routine, but another scene takes place that’s just as memorable: Regina says no to a kiss from Aaron Samuels to keep her lipgloss looking flawless (and because who wants to kiss in gloss, right?).
SUBTL BEAUTY PROTIP: Did you know that Subtl Beauty makes a Lip Balm that comes in four kissable flavors to add to your Travel Makeup Stak? It’s a sheer lip balm formulated with Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, and Vitamin E to provide an intense hydration. We also just dropped a Lip Balm Trio Stak that features Cherry Château – a Mean Girls lip balm must-have.
@subtlbeauty The subtl holiday gift sets just launched! 3 brand new lip balm flavors were added to the collection and they are so so delicious! #makeupgifts #holidaygiftsets🎁 #makeupgiftideas2023 #subtlstak #subtlbeauty ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Regularly Check Your Skincare and Travel Makeup to Ensure It’s Not Been Replaced With Foot Cream
Pictured: Cady and Janis Filling Regina’s Skincare with Foot Cream | Source: Glamour
In Mean Girls, Cady and Janis plot revenge on Regina by filling her skincare with foot cream. This didn't result in Regina getting acne as the duo was hoping, but it did make Aaron love how her face smelled, resulting in an on-screen makeout sesh. While this likely won’t happen IRL, it’s important to check your skincare and makeup for other stuff, like oxidation and expiration dates.
SUBTL BEAUTY PROTIP: Unlike our previous model, the new Stak is refillable. All you have to do is pop out the pan from the layer you want to refill, snap the bezel in place, and voilà – you’re done. This means that you won’t have to buy a whole new product if yours oxidizes, expires, or is filled with foot cream (but with our travel makeup – none of those things are likely).
Embrace Your Inner Mean Girls’ Plastic With Subtl Beauty’s Travel Makeup Starter Stak
At Subtl Beauty, we create products for people that love makeup and traveling (like Regina who met John Stamos on a plane and Cady when she journeyed here from Africa), which is why we carefully curated the Starter Stak; it’s a game-changer made to keep you looking flawless 24/7.
Don’t believe us? Check out these 5-star reviews:
Here are the products that the Starter Stak includes:
- Cream Concealer (in the shade of your choice): Transformative, versatile, and long-lasting, our Cream Concealer is a lightweight formula that’ll give you great coverage without caking. Plus, it’s infused with Coffee Seed Oil to reduce puffiness. You can choose from nineteen shades and if it’s not a perfect match, we’ll replace it for free.
- Lip and Cheek (in Terracotta Tour Guide): Versatile and multifunctional, our Lip and Cheek is a 2-in-1 product that’s sure to give you a flawless finish. It comes in four stunning shades tailored to compliment your skin tone and style. And – we saw Regina George wearing Terracotta Tour Guide, so you need Terracotta Tour Guide, right?
- Bronzer (based on the Concealer you choose): With our Bronzer having an ultra-high concentration of pigment, a little will go a long way. It’s seamless to blend for a flawless finish and it’ll give you a long-lasting radiance that’ll make heads turn wherever you go. The Subtl Bronzer comes in five shades to enhance your natural features.
- Pressed-Powder Highlighter (in Champagne): We totally agree that highlighter is one of the best steps of a routine, which is why we made ours easy to use and beginner-friendly. The Subtl Highlighter is great for highlighting and adding a shimmer to your eyeshadow, and can be built up for a glow that would make the Plastics jealous.
- Shine Control Pressed Powder: Our Shine Control Pressed Powder is a game-changer (especially when you’re running from the sprinklers your principal set off) as it keeps oil at bay. Unlike a lot of other translucent powders, ours is cake-free, sets your makeup in place, and will last you through a marathon of all the Mean Girls movies, twice.
Want to see how our prices Stak up against other travel makeup brands on the market? Check out the photo below or click here to learn more.
Want to join over 200+ happy Subtl Beauties by grabbing a Starter Stak to embrace your inner beauty-loving Plastic? Click here to choose your concealer, so we know how to perfectly curate your travel makeup Pre-Made Stak.