Table of Contents
- The Ingredients in Your On-The-Go Makeup Matter, Here’s Why
- Why Do the Ingredients in Your On-The-Go Makeup Matter?
- 3 Good-For-You Ingredients We Use in Our On-The-Go Makeup
- We Formulate Our On-The-Go Makeup With Coffee Seed Oil
- We Formulate Our On-The-Go Makeup With Jojoba Oil and Shea Butter
- We Formulate Our On-The-Go Makeup With Squalene
- Grab Our On-The-Go Makeup (AKA Staks) and Experience the Power of Good-For-You Ingredients
The Ingredients in Your On-The-Go Makeup Matter, Here’s Why
Shopping for makeup is a lot different than it was a few years ago. For example, brands are willingly posting and boasting their ingredient lists to be transparent with consumers. And some even work to provide real info on why certain things (like ingredients) are good or bad for the skin. This has led to over 65% of consumers seeking beauty products with clean ingredients.
At Subtl, we’re embracing the clean movement by reducing our impact on the environment, while also providing traveling people everywhere with high-quality, good-for-you on-the-go makeup. Here’s why we formulate with clean ingredients and which ones we use:
Why Do the Ingredients in Your On-The-Go Makeup Matter?
We formulate with ingredients that are healthy for your skin because we know what you put on your face matters. As a busy mom and avid traveler, the last thing you need is oxidized makeup or a pesky breakout from low-quality products. This is why we promise to always be 100% transparent about our on-the-go makeup ingredients. Here are more reasons why:
- Skin Sensitivity and Allergies: Different people have different skin types and sensitivities. Since some ingredients may cause irritation, redness, or allergic reactions, we want to help you understand the ingredients infused into our on-the-go makeup (AKA Staks) so you can choose the products suitable for you.
- Quality of Ingredients: It’s true – higher-quality ingredients often result in better-performing makeup. Knowing the ingredients helps you understand the quality of a product to determine if it meets your standards for effectiveness and safety. It’s also important to mention that since we use better ingredients than most travel makeup brands out there – it does affect our pricing. Rachel – our founder – breaks it down:
- Environmental Impact: Most conscious consumers go for environmentally friendly ingredients and/or packaging, which is why we made a huge improvement to our new on-the-go makeup kit: the Stak 2.0. To be more environmentally conscious, we innovated a way to make each layer completely refillable. You can learn more here.
- Ethical and Cruelty-Free Choices: Cruelty-free is the only way to be, right? Understanding the ingredients in your fave products helps you support brands that align with your values. At Subtl, our on-the-go makeup is cruelty-free, vegan, gluten-free, fragrance-free, and paraben-free because we care about you, your skin, and the animals.
3 Good-For-You Ingredients We Use in Our On-The-Go Makeup
As we said before, we always want to be 100% transparent, which is why you can find an ingredient glossary under each Subtl on-the-go makeup product. To really keep you in the know, here’s a breakdown of some clean and ultra-good-for-you ingredients we formulate with:
We Formulate Our On-The-Go Makeup With Coffee Seed Oil
Coffee seed oil, also known as coffee bean oil or coffee oil, is derived from – you guessed it – coffee beans. It’s rich in antioxidants and contains several beneficial compounds that can contribute to healthy skin. Here are some potential benefits of coffee seed oil to keep in mind:
- Antioxidant Protection: Coffee seed oil is loaded with antioxidants, such as chlorogenic acid and tocopherols (vitamin E), which can help protect your skin and combat free radicals that have been known to cause premature aging and skin damage.
- Hydration and Moisturization: Coffee seed oil has emollient properties, helping to moisturize, soften, and nourish your skin. It can be super beneficial for those struggling with dry or dehydrated skin as it can provide a smoother, more supple complexion.
- Brightening and Revitalizing: You know how grabbing a cup of joe gives you a morning energy boost? Well – the caffeine content in coffee seed oil can do the same for your skin by stimulating blood circulation for a brighter, revitalized look.
How Coffee Seed Oil Is Used in Subtl Beauty’s on-the-Go Makeup
Our new and improved on-the-go makeup kit features amazing reformulations. Our Cream Concealer, for example, is now formulated with coffee seed oil to wake up your under eyes and comes in 19 inclusive shades. We spent nearly two years working on its formulation to provide better coverage, be friendlier on all skin types, and last all day long, no matter where you’re traveling.
@subtlbeauty Replying to @Dezeray Lewis we spent a LONG time working on this new formulation, using over 4 years of customer feedback to develop the perfect concealer! “Love this concealer! Great color match and texture, it didn't crease or anything all day!!! Love it for under my eyes!” -jennifer #thebestconcealer #creasefreeconcealer #cleanconcealer ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
We Formulate Our On-The-Go Makeup With Jojoba Oil and Shea Butter
Two ingredients you’ve probably heard of – jojoba oil and shea butter – are versatile and can be used on their own or in skincare and makeup products to enhance the overall health and appearance of your skin. Here are some potential benefits of this dynamic duo to keep in mind:
- Moisturization: Jojoba oil is similar to the oils produced by your skin, making it an excellent moisturizer, while shea butter is rich in fatty acids. They both can balance your skin’s oil production without clogging pores, which means fewer on-the-go breakouts.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Jojoba oil and shea butter feature anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe irritated or inflamed skin. They may benefit conditions like eczema and psoriasis, especially during the chilly holiday season (the weather can impact your skin!).
- Skin Barrier Protection: With fatty acids galore, jojoba oil and shea butter can form a protective barrier on your skin to prevent moisture loss. Your skin’s barrier function – by the way – is super important as it helps shield you from harsh weather and more.
How Jojoba Oil and Shea Butter Are Used in Subtl Beauty’s on-the-Go Makeup
Did you know we added some beautiful new shades to our Lip & Cheek lineup? Hibiscus Highway, for example, is a vibrant pink that blends seamlessly for a natural flush or can be built up to give you a pop of color. Formulated with jojoba oil and shea butter, the new Subtl Beauty Lip & Cheeks will hydrate, nourish, and leave you with a flawless finish, on the go or at home.
@subtlbeauty Check out the swatches of our new Subtl stak lip and cheek shades. We have 4 to choose from! #subtl #subtlbeauty #subtlstak #makeupstack #stackablemakeup #lipandcheektint #lipcheeks #makeupswatches #satisfyingswatches ♬ Sail Away - lovelytheband
We Formulate Our On-The-Go Makeup With Squalene
Squalene is a natural compound that helps maintain healthy skin. Often sourced from plants like olives and sugarcane, or traditionally from shark liver oil (though this is less common today due to ethical and environmental concerns), squalene is widely used in skincare and makeup for its moisturizing properties. Here are some potential benefits of squalene to keep in mind:
- Moisturization: Squalene is an excellent emollient, providing intense hydration to your skin. It helps to lock in moisture, keeping your skin soft and supple, and it can mimic your skin's natural oils, making it suitable for all skin types, including dry and sensitive.
- Lightweight, Non-Greasy, and Balances Sebum: Squalene has a lightweight, non-greasy texture for easy absorption (and it doesn’t leave an oily residue). Plus, squalene can regulate the sebum production in your skin, ultimately restoring balance.
- Skin Barrier Support: Squalene helps strengthen your skin's natural barrier function. A healthy skin barrier is crucial for protecting against environmental stressors, preventing moisture loss, and maintaining overall skin health (as we touched on above).
How Squalene Is Used in Subtl Beauty’s on-the-Go Makeup
With our Powder Bronzer having a high concentration of pigment, a little goes a long way. It’s seamless to blend for a flawless finish and it’ll give you a long-lasting radiance that’ll make heads turn everywhere you go. The Subtl Bronzer comes in five shades to enhance your naturally beautiful features and is formulated with squalene to nourish your skin with each application.
@subtlbeauty Replying to @Shanell YES our concealer works great in place of foundation!! Like tell me this look isn’t stunning!? #3productmakeup #quickmakeuptutorial #quickmakeuproutine #makeupminimalist #makeupminimalism #minimalistlifestyle #mommakeup #5minutemakeup ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Our Shine Control Pressed Powder is a game-changer, especially when you’re visiting warmer destinations as it keeps oil at bay; this is because one of its star ingredients is squalene. Unlike a lot of other translucent powders on the market, ours is lightweight, cake-free, sets your makeup in place, and will last nearly as long as an entire plane ride across the globe.
@subtlbeauty Did you know the stack is completely refillable - which is better for the environemnt and your wallet! 🤩 ##subtlstak##sustainablemakeup##makeupstack ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
You’re probably well aware that blush has been taking off the makeup world, and at Subtl, we’re here for it. Our ultra-pigmented Powder Blush is buildable and comes in three beautiful shades that are universally flattering. We made sure to infuse its formulation with skin-loving ingredients like squalene to provide natural hydration for on-the-go moisture and fewer breakouts. Woohoo!
@subtlbeauty This grwm makeup look was so quick and easy, the entire routine took me less than 5 minutes, which is lucky because I never leave myself enough time to get ready and out the door 😅 #grwm #grwmroutine #quickgrwm 🥰 #easymakeuproutine #easygrwmmakeup ♬ GASLIGHT - INJI
Grab Our On-The-Go Makeup (AKA Staks) and Experience the Power of Good-For-You Ingredients
Want to join over 200+ happy Subtl Beauties by grabbing one of our newly-launched Stak 2.0s? Click here to choose your concealer shade, so that if you opt for a Premade Stak, we know how to perfectly curate it. Or you can customize your own Stak to meet your personal aesthetic. You can also take our 30-second quiz if you’re not sure what shades would work best for your skin.
An entire makeup routine in the palm of your hand!♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Shop the Starter Stak here.
If you’re already obsessed with our Stak 2.0, make sure to let us know how it has replaced your previous on-the-go makeup kit, along with which ingredient above you were the most excited to learn about.