Whether it’s your sleeping habits, allergies, or genetics, dark circles and puffiness are common annoyances most of us can relate to. While there are simple everyday remedies that can help reduce these issues, these do-it-yourself eye masks are easy to whip up at home to help turn your under-eye skin around!
Dark Circle Tea Mask
What you’ll need:
- 2 tea bags (green tea, black tea, or chamomile)
- Hot Water
- Steep 2 tea bags (one for each eye) for about 3 minutes.
- Place the tea bags into the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes to chill.
- Remove the tea bags from the fridge and place over your eyes for up to 15 minutes. You can also add a wet washcloth over top of the tea bags for added effect.
- Once removed, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- For added brightness, apply the Subtl Beauty Mattifying Concealer under your eyes, dabbing lightly with the tip of your finger until blended.
- Repeat twice a week for longer-term results.
Puffy Eye Coffee Mask
What you’ll need:
- 2 tsp coffee grounds
- 1 egg white
- Mixing bowl
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl for about 1 minute - the mixture should look frothy.
- With clean hands, apply the mask around and under your eyes, letting it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Use a wet washcloth to gently clean off the mask.
*Added bonus: for enhanced results, gently rub an ice cube under both eyes to wake up your skin. You can do this either before or after your coffee mask!
Be sure to add a Cream Concealer to your stack to brighten under eyes! If you need to brush up on concealer tips and how to apply, Pauline covers it all in this tutorial.
P.S. Did you know that your concealer for under eyes should be a different shade than the one you use for the rest of your face? Learn why two concealers are better than one here!