Table of Contents:
- How to Go From Summer to Fall With Your Travel Makeup Kit
- Fall Skin Changes to Know About Before Using Your Travel Makeup Kit
- Skincare First, Travel Makeup Kit Second
- Try Jeweled Tones in Your Travel Makeup Kit
- Neutrals Are Also a Good Option in Your Travel Makeup Kit
- Add Blush to Your Travel Makeup Kit Because Pink Cheeks Are Super Trendy
- Your Fall Travel Makeup Kit Needs a Rich Bold Lip
You Can Also Grab Our Premade Limited-Edition Fall Stak
How to Go From Summer to Fall With Your Travel Makeup Kit
It’s finally time to switch out your swimsuits for oversized sweaters, snow cones for pumpkin spice lattes, and best of all – your low-key summer beauty routine with a more sultry, skincare-heavy makeup regime. After all, fall is here, and with it comes a few changes.
Our innovative travel makeup kits – AKA Staks – are your BFF all year long, no matter your destination or the season. Especially with our new and improved formulas that are boosted with clean, good-for-you ingredients that can help you tackle the upcoming fall weather flawlessly.
If you’ve never switched up your travel makeup kit to go along with the seasons then no worries; we’re here to help you add a dash of fall spice to your Stak this year. Keep reading for some skin changes you may experience during fall and a few autumn trends to try with your Stak 2.0:
@subtlbeauty So excited to be replenishing my makeup stack with these Fall makeup shades #makeupstack #stackablemakeup #makeupforfall #fallmakeup #makeupforwinter #Subtlbeauty #subtl #subtlstack #convenientmakeup #simplemakeupfordailyroutine #makeupkit #convenientbeauty #subtlbeautystack #simplemakeup ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Fall Skin Changes to Know About Before Using Your Travel Makeup Kit
With fall comes crisp air, cozy hoodies, warm coffee, and the changing of leaves. But, those aren’t the only things that change as autumn creeps upon us; as the seasons shift, your body – including your skin – has to face the elements and adapt to the chilly season’s new offerings, which can cause issues like dry skin and dehydration (the arch enemies of makeup!).
Here is a more in-depth look at some skin changes you may experience during fall that can put a serious damper on the appearance and longevity of your makeup:
- Dryness: As the weather becomes cooler and the humidity levels drop, the skin tends to lose moisture at a pretty fast pace, leading to dry, flaky, or tight-feeling skin.
- Dehydration: Cooler temps can often lead to decreased water intake, which can result in skin dehydration. Key signs of this may be dull, lackluster, and/or tight-feeling skin.
- Increased Sensitivity: Cooler, windier weather can make the skin more sensitive and prone to irritation, causing redness and/or itchiness (especially for sensitive skin).
- Dry Lips: Fall weather can cause chapped and/or cracked lips, but using lip balm can help prevent this annoying issue. The Subtl Beauty Travel Lip Balm is the perfect winter warrior as it provides intense hydration with a blend of Shea Butter, Vitamin E, and more.
- Worsening Skin Conditions: Those with conditions like eczema and psoriasis may experience flare-ups during the fall due to the drier air and rapid temp changes.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Sun exposure during the summer can lead to hyperpigmentation, which may become more noticeable as your summer tan fades during the fall.
- Acne Breakouts: For some people, changes in weather and humidity can trigger acne breakouts, particularly if your skin becomes oilier due to dehydration.
@subtlbeauty Here’s what I’m stacking for fall! 😍 #subtlstack #makeupstack #stackablemakeup #fallmakeuplook #fallmakeup2023 #veganmakeup #crueltyfreemakeup ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Skincare First, Travel Makeup Kit Second
It’s important to always have a clean, healthy base for makeup, especially during drastic weather changes. "Going from summer to fall will affect how makeup sits on top of the skin and sustains its longevity," explains celeb MUA Daniel Martin. He says that you’ll likely notice your skin getting drier as the temps drop, so to combat this issue, you can focus on products that hydrate and moisturize to ensure the makeup you layer on top lasts and looks flawless.
- e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Sleep Mask
- MOX Skincare Hydrating Mint Face Cleanser
- NYX Hydra Touch Hydrating Primer
@subtlbeauty Replying to @Holly not to brag, but… 🙊 We’re the coolest clean, vegan, cruelty-free STACKABLE makeup brand there is 😉 #cleanmakeup #veganmakeupproducts #cleanbeauty #veganmakeup #subtlbeauty #subtlstack #minimalmakeup ♬ original sound - jovynn
On to the best part – adding a touch of fall to your Subtl travel makeup kit (AKA Stak):
Try Jeweled Tones in Your Travel Makeup Kit
This season, many beauty experts are claiming that jewel tones will be all the rage. After all, they’re a great way to play up your features. “Whether on the eyes or a deep, bold lip, it's about making a statement and owning it. I envision a renaissance of rich and moody hues," adds MUA Pat McGrath. "Think deep burgundies, warm terra cottas, burnished golds, and sultry plums – whether you apply sheerly for a wash of color or layered on for a bolder, more vibrant finish."
- Lip & Cheek in Terracotta Tour Guide
- Powder Highlighter in Champagne (because jewels sparkle, right?)
- Eyeshadow Duos in Cruise
@subtlbeauty Cruise is BACK & i for one am loving how this looks! #makeupstack #stackablemakeup #travelfriendlymakeup ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Neutrals Are Also a Good Option in Your Travel Makeup Kit
If you’re more of a neutral gal, then there’s great news: Rich browns are going to be the it-girl shades this fall. An easy way to incorporate these tones into your look is through eyeshadow, blush, or lipstick. But celeb MUA J. Brandon Correa offers another option: "Embrace what I'm calling "Pumpkin Spice Latte" makeup.” Incorporating shades like deep oranges and warm terracottas into your neutrals will add vibrancy and complement fall’s coziness, he says.
- Eyeshadow Duo in Jelly
- Starter Stak (includes Cream Concealer in the shade of your choice, Lip & Cheek in Terracotta Tour Guide, Powder Highlighter in Champagne, Shine Control Pressed Powder, and a Bronzer based on the concealer you choose)
- Cream Concealer (take this easy 30-sec quiz if you’re not sure of your shade)
@subtlbeauty Replying to @lottie_tate 3 quick and easy ways to get color matched for your makeup stack. Please know we also offer free shade exchanges if your concealer isnt a perfect match 🏻 #greenscreenvideo #subtl #subtlstaks #subtlstak #stackablemakeup #makeupstak ♬ original sound - Subtl Beauty
Add Blush to Your Travel Makeup Kit Because Pink Cheeks Are Super Trendy
Throughout 2023, blush became a necessity for an on-trend look. “There was a moment when it was only about bronzer, but blush is back and bolder than ever,” MUA Jenna Kristina says. “Adding blush is like adding life back to the skin.” While dark, moody blush tones are usually the go-to in fall, this year anything and everything goes, especially fun Barbie-esque shades.
- Powder Blush (in either Pink In a Pinch, Daytrip at Dawn, or Blossom Bound)
- Lip & Cheek in Hibiscus Highway
- Lip & Cheek in Mauve in the Maldives
@subtlbeauty Check out the swatches of our new Subtl stak lip and cheek shades. We have 4 to choose from! #subtl #subtlbeauty #subtlstak #makeupstack #stackablemakeup #lipandcheektint #lipcheeks #makeupswatches #satisfyingswatches ♬ Sail Away - lovelytheband
Your Fall Travel Makeup Kit Needs a Rich Bold Lip
When I try to embrace my fall side with makeup, I tend to ask myself WWWAW (or “What would Wednesday Addams wear?), usually landing on a rich bold lip. After all, there’s nothing like sporting moody lips in the colder weather. "Fall makeup consists of cooler tones and more burgundy and brown shades," says celeb MUA Danii Parkes. "Natural glowing skin is still the go-to makeup look while spicing up the eyes and/or lips with something a bit more bold."
- Lip & Cheek in Passport to Plum
- Lip & Cheek in Auburn Adventure
- Eyeshadow Duo in Dune (not a lippy, but it’s super Wednesday-approved!)
@subtlbeauty Obsessed with this 90’s inspired fall makeup lewk!! #makeupstack #90smakeup #90smakeupinspo ♬ cheri cheri lady - grace ✭
You Can Also Grab Our Premade Limited-Edition Fall Stak
Here at Subtl Beauty, we adore fall, especially when it comes to makeup, which is why we created our premade limited-edition Fall Stak that can be added to any of our stakable travel makeup kits or used alone. It includes these Subtl faves to bring our your autumn glow this year:
@subtlbeauty I kid you not this is what I sounded like. Cream highlighter is available to shop TOMORROW 🎉🎉 #creamhighlighter #subtlstak #stackablemakeup ♬ Originalton - I love Twd